The Barefield/Holy Family/Schoelles house was built by lumberman Charles Dobson for his mistress Minnie Barefield in 1907 on the corner of Ave K / 7th St in Apalachicola. For fifty years it served as a convent-school for the Sisters of the Holy Family before being moved in 1974 to present site on 4.4 wooded acres overlooking St Vincent Sound eleven miles west of town. The two story 14 room mansion, constructed of heart pine and cypress, features high ceilings, eight fireplaces, carved mantels, imported tiles, stained glass windows and sunny porches overlooking a pond and a secluded beach. World class saltwater flats fishing and an abundance of oysters, shrimp, and blue crabs at your doorstep!
Property information provided by the REALTOR'S® Association of Franklin and Gulf Counties, Inc.. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. This data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
140 West First Street, St. George Island, FL 32328 - (850) 323-0092